Thursday, December 5, 2019

Music Video Editing Blog

This week, we had two days to edit. The first day however, I forgot to bring a cable to hook my phone up to the computer. Therefore we couldn't dump our footage onto the computer because I filmed on my iPhone. We had to film on my iPhone because our group member who had the camera was on vacation. We also realized that my phone had good resolution so we thought it would be easier to just use my phone. We also thought it would be better to dump with my phone because of iCloud and a cable which I forgot at home. I even tested it at home to see if it worked. It worked perfectly fine, however i forgot the cable in my computer. There wasn’t too much editing anyway in our video though. All we had to do was add the shots together and put music over it.The second day of editing however went a lot better. I brought the wire and a teammate dumped our footage. When we dumped, we saw that the video was too long so we cut some stuff. We cut each shot individually to make it a bit shorter. We also cut an entire shot out of it. It was a shot that was panning over the ocean. It didn’t really work with the video because there was no room for it. It was at the beginning but we already had a time lapse of the ocean and it made it look over used. After that it was the right time but then we realized that it was missing a scene because our teammate was going film their own clip at home. So we trimmed some other stuff leaving room for it. Finally we were done and all we needed to do was add the music.
Unfortunately, the class was over and we didn’t have time to finish. One of my teammates volunteered to edit over the weekend. He said he could do it all by himself but we offered to come over and help. So during the weekend we will add music over the video. We decided to put the music over the lobster when it’s first introduced. The music will be quiet at first and then be the normal volume music when it gets closer. Then we were going to make the music lower when the lobster is in the pot. The music will be completely off when the pot closes over it. After that we won’t need to put anything else in our video. The editing will be over and we will have our final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.   Marketing is one of the most crucial aspects of ...