Monday, November 25, 2019

Music Video Film Blog

On Friday in AICE Media Studies, we received our supplies to film. This included a camera, tri-pod, and SD card. The plan was to film on Sunday at the beach. We wanted to film at the beach because our video was focused around a lobster, which are found in the ocean. We were all busy on Saturday so we knew if we filmed it had to be on Sunday. We checked the weather app in class for what the day was going to look like on Sunday. According to the app, it was gonna be a great, sunny day. This is the perfect weather to film at the beach. We also had to decide what beach we would meet at. Quickly, we agreed on Fort Lauderdale beach it is the closest to all of our houses.
However we were all still unsure about whether we would be able to film or not. In my case, on Friday and Saturday I was going on a band field trip. This was an overnight field trip in Orlando. We were going to go watch the Florida Classic football game and battle of the bands between Florida A & M University and Bethune-Cookman University. This is why Sunday would have been a good day for filming for me. I was not even going to be in town on Saturday. Still, I was unsure about filming on Sunday. I still had tons of homework to do when I got back from the trip. I had to do chemistry and AICE European History homework. In fact, I even had to do one of my AICE Media Studies blogs on the bus ride to Orlando.
Ultimately, our group did not film on Sunday. As I just stated, I was out of town on Saturday and on Sunday I was too occupied with homework. I still thought my group could do a little filming without me. However, I was going to be the lobster and that was the biggest part of the music video. My video partners were also too busy to film though. One of them already had plans with their family. One also had a mountain of homework to do. The last member of my group was extremely busy playing video games at home. We also failed to communicate any real plans to go meet up at the beach. Overall, due to how busy all of us were and our lack of communication, we were unable to film over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.   Marketing is one of the most crucial aspects of ...