Monday, October 28, 2019

Filming Blog

   On Thursday, October 24, we filmed our commercial. This was our one and only day to film, so we had to get everything. We based our commercial on Wendy’s. More specifically Wendy’s new spicy chicken nuggets. We decided to take a comical and funny approach to our commercial. With a comedy inspired commercial, we could give viewers a good laugh while simultaneously promoting a product. In our commercial we had two people play the “boring” characters and one person played the “cool” guy. In the end, one of the boring kids eats a spicy chicken nugget. He then immediately becomes a cool kid. That was the main focus of the plot of our commercial.
    My personal role in the commercial was to film. I had the camera the entire time. I personally was not a character in the commercial. Therefore I do not appear in it. I worked to make sure the visions for our commercial were executed through the angles and shots I took. I did not use the tripod. Instead I held the camera in my hands the entire time. I wasn’t sure about not using a tripod, but I think it was ok and it still worked out in the end. We shot our commercial at the senior patio. I got onto tables and benches to shoot some of the shots.
    In our commercial, I made sure to capture a lot of the shots and angles that we learned about in class. I used a high angle and an eye level angle. I had a tracking shot when a character was walking to go sit down at a table. I used a zoom to get closer to the product. The product was the spicy chicken nuggets. I got an over the shoulder shot when a character was talking to another. I got a close up, as well as an extreme close up. I also got a wide shot. In the end, this was a very fun and enjoyable experience and I enjoyed filming a lot. I wish to be the cameraman on the project we do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.   Marketing is one of the most crucial aspects of ...